Defective Section Repair
The following steps are performed by our FCC certified technicians. If you have any difficulty or misunderstanding to modify your rope lights, please contact us or experts or choose our modification services. Before Repair the LED Rope Light
- Make sure the rope light which to be joined is not connected with any electricity.
- Carefully examine the cutting marks, a line or 120V mark. Attention:
- Maximum bending radius is 1 1/2”. Do not make very sharp turns.
- Make sure having a good connection between the pin and rope light.
- Different LED rope lights have their specific cutting intervals.
- Do not follow the cutting marks will cause failure to the LED rope lights.
Cutting LED Rope Light
- Cut the LED rope light according to the cutting mark as indicated on the rope light.
- Make sure that all split ends are cut at the given marking.
- Use a pair of scissors or cutter to cut away the split ends.
- Make sure that all split ends are cut away neatly; or else it will cause a short circuit.
Easy Type Splice Connector
- Insert the connector pin into the rope light. The pin and the rope light must run straightly.
- Place the shrinkable tubing over the rope light.
- Connector the pin to the other section.
- Apply sealant on the joint, and leave the sealant dry before continuing installation.
- Push the shrinkable tubing in the center of the joint and heat it up. Notice: Connectors and joints can only withstand a limited amount of mechanical pressure.
Get more about Splice Connector▶
Get more about Heat Shrink Tubing▶